Ahh, the great outdoors.
Seriously, what’s better than spending relaxing time in nature with your best friend? We recently took a camping trip with June to recharge and rest. It was heaven!
Have you had a hard time finding practical hiking and camping items for your dog that aren't, well, for lack of a better description - kinda ugly? Just because you’re out in the woods doesn’t mean your style needs to suffer! We’ve rounded up several essentials that make camping and hiking with your dog in tow easier (and prettier) than ever.
1) Warm Brown Vegan Collar, $42: This collar is ideal for adventurous dogs who love water, mud, and everything in-between! It’s waterproof, odorproof, and dirtproof. Meaning, no musty collar smell stinking up your tent after your outdoor adventures together! Plus, since it dries almost instantly, your pup will be extra comfortable post-water dip.
2) BuffaloRope and Squeaky Toy, $16: Keep your dog entertained and stimulated while at the campsite. This toy has multiple ways to play from chewing, squeaking, fetching, tugging, and more. It’s sure to be a hit!
3) Dry Shampoo for Pets, $16: A stinky dog = a stinky tent = no fun! This delicious smelling formula of lavender flowers and arrowroot powder naturally helps with odor and lifts oils. No dog bath needed while camping! And hey, you can even use it on yourself if your hair needs a little touchup! It’s completely safe and formulated for pets (and their parents, too).
4) 2-in-1 Water Bottle and Dog Bowl (In-Store Only): A bottle made for both you and your pet to use while out on the trail! Designed to keep your water cool while still being super lightweight, you and your dog will be so grateful for that delicious sip of water while out hiking!
5) Rope Leash, $62: These leashes are excellent for camping. With a caribiner on either end, you can easily secure your dog to a table, chair, or anything else at the campsite to ensure they keep close. And in turn, you can use it while out on the trails! Put it around your waist for hands-free hiking or use it as a standard leash. We used ours while recently camping with June and can’t rave enough about how useful it was and how much we love this product! This bright orange color is great for extra visibility while out on the trails, and we have several other colors available too!
6) Barks & Recreation Tee, $32: What better way to rep your love for your dog and the outdoors than with this best-selling tee? Obvs you need!
7) All-Natural Flea and Tick Spray (In-Store Only): Keep those bugs away, naturally! This chemical-free repellant crafted with lemongrass, cedarwood, citronella, and peppermint safely deters pesky biting insects for up to 8 hours. Just spray and then focus on having fun rather than keeping those bugs away!
With these essentials in hand, you and your dog are officially ready to take on your next outdoor adventure. We wish you lots of happy trails and wagging tails!